Welcome, fellow Cancer Survivors!

Travel with me as I explore previously unknown territory: My body's reactions to Chemotherapy. I am a 28 year old Mother, Wife, and Daughter. I have started this blog in the hopes of coming closer to my true self. May all who pass through here meet with Peace and Grace.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Second installment of Navalbine:

Well then, I suppose I need to work on my consistency a bit, don't I. I think that would include waking up a bit earlier, though, because I don't really feel like writing at night at the moment.


I can hear Clint gibbering away in his bed, he's still sort of relaxing before the day starts as well. For that reason, I'll probably be a bit brief here, because I know Clint won't be staying in his bed for long...


I think I am a bit relieved that the Chemotherapy is not so nearly frightening as I had expected it to be. A little over a week ago, I was wondering how I would feel a week later, right about now. I am a bit apprehensive, though. They tell me the first few doses aren't so bad, it's the repeated dose after dose that starts to wear the body down. I've got to see this through to the end, but I must admit I'm a little scared to see how my body will be torn down in order to assure Cancer's death.


I've gained a little bit of weight! Well, but first I must admit, the first week caused me to loose about five pounds because nothing really felt that great going past my thick throat. But I feel... well, pretty good at the moment. And I'm drinking a few Instant Carnation Breakfasts all through out the day, as well as several snacks in addition to my routine meals. I really must put this habit to rest, though, of playing catch up after I have lost a few pounds. Today I do plan to talk to my Doctor about what I can do to keep the Nausea a bit more under control.


Another subject I wish to discuss with him is the few side effects I have seen. It's wreaked havoc on my digestive system. And that part of me was just starting to heal rather nicely before all these drugs came into play. Another disconcerting thing is I will have a bit of ringing in my ears from time to time, and I don't know if this is part of it or not, but sometimes I feel a bit dizzy, lightheaded. When I get up from a seated position, or go around a corner too fast, it feels as if my head takes a few seconds to catch up with me. A generally strange feeling.


Well, that's quite enough complaining from me, I should think.


Now, I must go and find something to eat, weigh myself on Wii Fit (Although I will be shocked if I'm any lighter after yesterday's feasting), and get Clint ready for school. And today at One (I don't believe I told you this, even though I put it as the subject of my Post. Silly Me) I will go and get a second installment of one of my Chemicals, called Navalbine.
This one must be administered once a week, a period of six doses. The other one that I am taking is taken in six doses as well, but they will give it to me once every three weeks. I forget it's name, but it's in my paperwork, somewhere.


Also mandatory are a series of lab tests, to see how my immune system has fared.


Okay, then I'm off, I think that's a sufficient update for today.


I thank you all for your love and support! I hope everyone will meet with an excellent day today. Advice for today... Well. Just have a good day. That's all I ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment