Welcome, fellow Cancer Survivors!

Travel with me as I explore previously unknown territory: My body's reactions to Chemotherapy. I am a 28 year old Mother, Wife, and Daughter. I have started this blog in the hopes of coming closer to my true self. May all who pass through here meet with Peace and Grace.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Life... Begins.

Ahhhhh numbness in fingers, and a general odd feeling up to my elbows. I hope this doesn't last very long?
They did say this was a side effect, and on the video, they were saying one should report this immediately, as this could progress and possibly become permanent. Illnesses like Diabetes could make things compounded. Since I am not a Diabetic, I'm hoping this is a side effect that can be managed pretty well. Let's go and do some research, shall we?


And of course, a general sense of queasiness has set in. I'm chewing on a bit of ginger as I'm typing, and I plan to have a nice bland bowl of Oatmeal for breakfast. I'm hoping to kind of go about my business as usual, before fatigue is expected to set in. Clint has two therapies here, at St. Luke's Elk's Rehab, in about half an hour. And I was really hoping to go to a second Support Group meeting today. Then there's a Chemo class this afternoon.


I'll just be listening to my body, and have my phone on hand to signal Julie if I would like to pull out and be at home instead. My rationale is I would like to remain active and living usually while I still feel like it. Fatigue? I feel generally... Tipsy, I think (Hah! This is kind of a normal feeling for me, though, I can't tell you the last time in the past few months that I've felt actually very stable).


It is a very odd feeling to know that I've just dumped quite a few chemicals into the body. Today, I plan to look for some books that are general knowledge on Chemotherapy, but I've heard that the science is constantly changing, and even some of the newer books' information are out of date. I've got a big notebook that I've been jotting down questions in, I think I'll go and pester my nurses.


Well, I've decided to go and try breakfast. Wish me luck, for I don't really want to have it come back up again. Here's hoping I can accomplish all I set out to do today.


May you all find peace and happiness today; I thank you for reading! I'm hoping I can maintain my Good Spirits and Hope... Hehehe, and that this blog doesn't turn into a Whiny list of symptoms. Butttttttt more than likely, I'm going to just write how I feel. And so far, we haven't fallen into the dumps at all. Let's up it remains that way...


Here's to my Sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment